Ecology’s Water Quality Program is pleased to announce the availability of the State Fiscal Year 2019 (SFY19) Draft Funding Offer List and Intended Use Plan (Draft List) for public review and comment. The Draft List describes how Ecology proposes to use state and federal grant and loan dollars to fund water quality improvement projects across the state.
- Read the Draft Funding Offer List online.
- Learn more about the Draft List and SFY 2019 Funding Cycle on our website.
Proposed water quality funding for 2019
Ecology evaluated more than 130 applications from local governments, tribes, conservation districts, other public entities, and qualified not-for-profit organizations. Funding requests totaled approximately $415 million. Ecology is proposing grants and loans for 69 projects totaling approximately $154 million based on the Governor’s proposed 2017-19 budget and federal funding estimates.
The total includes:
- $115 million in low-interest loans from the Washington State Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund
- Approximately $27 million in grants from the Stormwater Financial Assistance Program
- Approximately $11 million in grants from the Centennial Clean Water Program
- $1.5 million in grants from the Clean Water Act Section 319 Program
The projects proposed for funding reflect the highest priority water quality projects across the state.
Projects proposed for funding include:
- 20 nonpoint source pollution control activity projects
- 2 local onsite sewage system repair and replacement projects
- 1 stormwater control activity projects
- 20 stormwater facility projects
- 26 wastewater facility projects
Give us your feedback
A public review and comment period on the Draft List is open until 5:00 p.m. on Feb. 19, 2018. Ecology will hold a public information meeting to present the Draft List and discuss the project evaluation and Funding Cycle process.
Feb. 1 at 1:00 p.m.
Pierce County Library
3005 112 Street East
Please email, mail, or fax any written comments on the Draft List to:
Department of Ecology
Water Quality Program – Financial Management Section
P.O. Box 47600
Olympia, WA 98504-7600
A Final Funding Offer List and Intended use Plan (Final List) will be developed and issued following the receipt of public comments, awarding of federal grants, and passage of the state 2017-19 Biennial Capital Budget. Note that the final budget numbers may result in changes to projects proposed for funding on the Final List. The Final List is expected to be published by June 29, 2018. Comments received on the Draft List will be addressed in the Final List.