Spokane River Regional Task Force
Technical Track Work Group Meeting
Date: Nov 5, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: Washington Department of Ecology
N. 4601 Monroe St.
Spokane, WA 99205
Click here for a map.
Call In Number: 800-704-9804 Participant Code: 34863442#
– TTWG Meeting 11 5 14 Meeting Summary FINAL
– Tech Track WG Agenda 11-05-14
– Workshop Invitees 11.4.14
– Posters_Spokane River Forum_11.5.14 DRAFT
Gravity Sampling Documents
– Gravity Sampling Field Report
– SPK Field Report
– SPK Report Tables DRAFT
Ecology Comments on Gravity Report
Ecology Environmental Information Management System
What is EIM? (Handout)
The Environmental Information Management System (EIM) is the Department of Ecology’s main database for environmental monitoring data. EIM contains records on physical, chemical, and biological analyses and measurements. Supplementary information about the data (metadata) is also stored, including information about environmental studies, monitoring locations, and data quality.
- A searchable database
- Search by map
- Search and download
- My EIM
What’s in EIM?
- Chemical measurements: Metals, PCBs, etc.
- Physical measurements: Water clarity, flow, temperature, groundwater levels (including transducer data), etc.
- Biological measurements: Fish measurements, plant tissue, benthic organisms, bioassay data, etc.
- Habitat data: Habitat metrics
- Study information: Study purpose and contact information, data quality, links to bibliographic information, etc. Studies range from statewide ambient stream monitoring to hazardous waste site cleanups.
- Location information: Detailed physical and geographical information about monitoring locations. Includes information about well construction and use, when available.
Data in EIM is collected by Ecology or on behalf of Ecology by environmental contractors – and by Ecology grant recipients, local governments, and volunteers
While some data is not entered into EIM (List of Data not entered int EIM), Ecology links its data to a report that specifies how the data is handled.
EIM Home page: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/eim/index.htm
List of Data not entered into EIM: (Handout)http://www.ecy.wa.gov/eim/helpDocs/EIMHelp_DataNotEnteredIntoEIM.pdf
An overview of the variety of data that the EIM can accommodate.(Handout)
EIM Data entry: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/eim/helpDocs.htm
Step by step instructions. (Handout)
Submit data instructions: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/eim/submitData.htm
EIM Data guidelines and templates: https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/ehs/eimSubmittalBySpreadsheet.zip
Contains excel spreadsheets and help files. Help files are below.
– Help Bioassay V2013.01
– Help Doc for EIM Location Template V2014.01
– Help Results V2013.01
– Help Study V2013.01
– Help Time Series Result V2014.01
– Help Water Levels V2013.01