The first draft of the State Solid and Hazardous Waste Plan (Beyond Waste) 2014 Update is now available for review and comment.
Ecology will accept comments through September 17, 2014.
This first draft is a partial draft, and contains the introduction and draft goals and actions for the next five years. The draft goals and actions are organized as follows:
- Managing Hazardous Waste and Materials
- Managing Solid Wastes and Materials
- Reducing Impacts of Materials and Products
- Measuring Progress
- Providing Outreach and Information
To Comment: download the draft plan and comment form.
The draft plan is a WORD document with embedded comment boxes. You will need to save a copy to your computer to make your comments. When finished, email it to the address below. You can comment on as few or as many areas as you wish, and since you download your own copy of the draft plan, you are able to take your time to review and comment.
If you prefer, you may fax or mail comments to the addresses below. If you do not use the comment form, please specify what each comment refers to; include section title, page number, and goal or action number where applicable.
Send Your Comments To:
- Email: Cbou461@ecy.wa.gov
- Fax: 360-407-6715
- US Mail: – Cathy Bouge, Dept of Ecology /HWTR, PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
COMMENTS ARE DUE BY: September 17, 2014.
You can also talk with us directly to provide your comments via email, phone or a meeting.
- Janine Bogar: 360-407-6654; firstname.lastname@example.org (solid waste)
- Chris Chapman; 360-4077160, email@example.com (hazardous waste)
- Website: www.ecy.wa.gov/wasteplan
- WA State Department of Ecology, P.O Box 47600, Olympia WA 98504-7600
Thank you for your time and input!
Janine Bogar | Washington State Department of Ecology | Waste 2 Resources Program | PO Box 47600 , Olympia, WA 98504-7600
360-407-6654 direct | 360-407-6102 fax | firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail