Spokane River Regional Toxics Task Force: 2016 Technical Workshop February 9-11 at the Spokane Convention Center
Purpose: To provide a forum for the open exchange of information on the results of the 2014 and 2015 PCB sampling events, and develop a common understanding of NEXT STEPS needed to (a) identify appropriate best management practices for near- and long-term source reduction efforts, (b) manage, access and use PCB data, (c) fill in data gaps, and (d) develop the SRRTTF Comprehensive Plan for achieving water quality standards.
February 9, 2016
– Allyson King_ Opening Workshop Remarks SRTTF Feb 2016
– SRRTTF Background Dilks 02.09.2016
– SRRTTF_2016_Field_Presentation_Gravity_Shawn Hinz
– 2016 Ken Zarker TSCA SRRTTF Workshop
– SRRTTF Workshop_TSCA_020916_IEP Doug Krapas
– Dave Dilks: “General Overview: Fish Tissue and Water Quality Standards”
– Cheryl Niemi: “Water Quality Criteria for PCBs and the Linkage to the use of Fish Tissue for Impairment Listings – and – Washington’s new Proposed Rule for Human Health Criteria and Implementation Tools”
– Dave McBride: “How Fish Tissue Data is Used to Develop a Fish Advisory”
– Brandee Era-Miller: “Fish Tissue Data Summary for the Spokane River”
– Will Hobbs: “Predicting reductions in fish tissue PCB concentrations “
February 10, 2016
Session 3: Comprehensive Plan
– Dave Dilks Presentation: “Comprehensive Plan to Control PCBs in the Spokane River Watershed”
– Dale Norton “Assessment of Selected Toxic Chemical in the Puget Sound Basin, 2007-2011”
– Kat Ridolfi Presentation (LimnoTech): “What can we learn from other Comprhensive Plans: San Francisco Bay PCB TMDL
– Chris Urban (USEPA Region 5) Presentation: “Illinois Lake Michigan (nearshor) PCB TMDL”
Session 4: Best Management Practices–Exploring Possibilities
– Kat Ridolfi (LimnoTech) Presentation: “Best Management Practices for Reducing PCB loads–Examples and Implementation Experience in the San Francisco Bay Area”.
– Marcia Davis (City of Spokane) Presentation: “Cit of Spokane LID BMP”.
– Rob Lindsay (Spokane County) Presentation: “Toxics Management Planning Spokane County Regional WRF”
Session 5: Next Steps/ Where Do We Go From Here?
No formal presentations during this session
February 11, 2016
Session 6: Data Management
– Jake Kleinknecht (Ecology) Presentation: “Environmental Information Management System (EIM)”.
– Tim Towey (LimnoTech) Presentation: Data Management Session-Microsoft Access Tools”.
– Greg Cavallo (DBRC) Presentation: (coming soon)
– Beth Schmoyer (Seattle Public Utilities) Presentation: Earthsoft’s EQuIS™ Database Lower Duwamish Waterway Source Data Management”.
Agenda and Session Overviews
- Feb-2016-SRRTTF-Workshop-agenda and session overviews_2 4 16 Final DRAFT
- 2016 Workshop River Map CONCENTRATION
2016 Workshop River Map LOAD