The next meeting of the Spokane River Regional Toxics Task Force and Technical Track Work group is:
Date: Wednesday October 7, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: Washington Department of Ecology
N. 4601 Monroe St.
Spokane, WA 99205
Click here for a map.
Call In Number: 800-704-9804 Participant Code: 34863442#
This meeting will be an official Task Force meeting in order to make a decision on the letter to Ecology commenting on the Draft General Hatchery Permit. In order to make this decision there will need to be a quorum of voting members present either in person or on the phone for this meeting. (7 out of 12 voting members).
The small work group tasked with pulling the General Hatchery Permit response letter together has been working very hard and have pulled together a letter that addresses very specific issues in the fact sheet and the permit as they pertain to the key points that the Task Force identified. Task Force members are asked to review the letter as soon as possible and provide comments/major edits to Kara Whitman (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12 pm on Monday October 5. Task Force members should provide only substantive comments about major points that have been missed and/or major points that they cannot agree with. If a comment is regarding a point or points that they do not agree with, Task Force members should provide alternative language. All comments/edits will be compiled and posted prior to the Task Force meeting for review.
– 10.7.15 TTWG Meeting Summary DRAFT
– Tech Track WG agn 10-07-15 revised
– Hatchery Permit Comment letter 9-30
— Spokane County comments_Hatchery Permit Letter
– EAP project summaries
– Urban Waters 2011 Source Investigation
– SRRTTF_2014_Data Usability Assessment_2015_09_08
– SRRTTF_2014_Field Audit_2015_09_02 (1)
– hydroseed PCB load estimate
– Spokane Fish Hatchery PCB Case Study Plan Proposal
—- Compiled Comments on LimnoTech Comp Plan Scope
The next meeting of the Spokane River Regional Toxics Task Force is:
Date: September 23, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Spokane County Water Resource Center
1004 N. Freya Street
Spokane, WA 99202
Click here for a map
Presentations from Michael Friese and Dave Dilks will be available as a webinar during the meeting. If you would like to view the presentations:
1. Go to https://wadis.webex.com/wadis/j.php?MTID=mb9c773c8ef35f566edb246d98360d68d
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the meeting password: Srrttf09232015
4. Click “Join Now”.
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Call In Number: 800-704-9804
Participant Code: 34863442#
At this meeting the Task Force will discuss, and potentially make a decision on, a draft comment letter on the WA Department of Ecology’s Draft Hatchery General Permit. Kris Holm (City of Coeur d’Alene) has drafted a letter emphasizing the points discussed at the last Task Force meeting. SRRTTF members are asked to send any content-based comments to Chris Page (email@example.com) PRIOR to the September 23rd Task Force meeting. Chris will summarize comments received. It may be necessary to hold another Task Force meeting via phone after the September 23rd meeting to approve a final letter, if substantial comments are received that do not get satisfactorily resolved on the 23rd.
Also note that the full Phase 2 Report on the 2014 dry weather sampling (with appendices) from Limnotech has been posted here on the Task Force website.
– SRRTTF 9.23.15 Meeting Summary Notes_Final
– SRRTTF Sept 23 2015 Agenda_DRAFT
– SRRTTF 09-03-15_Meeting Notes_DRAFT
– SRRTTF TTWG 09-02-15 meeting summary DRAFT
– Hydroseed Pilot Project Report_Draft_082715
– 2015 9 11 REPORT Vactor Decant Facility Characterization FINAL
– CDA SRRTTF draft FHGP Comment Letter -Draft Permit
– Quick guide to commenting on hatchery permit_Mike Hepp
– Little Spokane River- PCB in Fish Tissue Verification Study_Michael Friese EAP Presentation
– Presentation: SRRTTF_DraftWorkPlan_2015_09_23
– EAP project summaries
The Upland Fin-Fish Hatching and Rearing General Permit (Hatchery Permit) is now available for review and comment. The public notice can be viewed here. To review the permit and for information on public hearings and comment period please go to the Department of Ecology website.
The Task Force will be putting together a response to the Draft permit over the next few weeks. If you have any comments/suggestions that you would like included in the response letter, please send them to Kara Whitman (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.